This turned out to be another TYPO3 nightmare. After hours of searching the web I’ve assembled the following solution.
Not long ago, it was as easy as
page.10 < plugin.tx_yourext to embed your plugin in a template. However, since the switch from pi based extensions to Extbase (which was very welcome), it has become idiotically complex.
Read on for an alternative way to cascade a deletion using Events.
I’ve found several solutions to order posts in WordPress by multiple custom fields. Unfortunately, none of them worked. However, they pointed me to the right direction.
Finally I have found time to add responsiveness to my website. But not just that – I rebuilt my custom WordPress theme from ground up based on _s. Thereby I was able to fix a lot of bugs and got rid of superfluous code.
thickbox_image field type makes it incredibly easy to add sets of images to pages and posts, which can then be used for custom sliders or galleries.
However, the plugin uses the pre WordPress 3.5 media uploader which doesn’t handle as nicely as the new one. In my usage scenario, it was the missing ability to select multiple images that bugged me in the old version.
Fortunately it was quite simple to change this fact.
My latest project had a new challenge ready for me – a menu which sits on top of the main container taking up its full width and has equally padded menu elements.
As an exercise, I made a jQuery plugin out of it.
This could be an episode from a story called “New Adventures in CSS cross browser compatibility”.
I thought that font embedding in CSS is a robust concept, once you understand the basic rules. And in no way, I thought about testing it in Firefox specifically.
However, reality proved me wrong.
Due to the imposed turning away from Flash / Flex development, JS gained importance in my daily business as well.
In a recent project, I had to set up multi step forms. During development and testing,
I needed a simple way to fill the form with predefined values and selections.
NetBeans RCP really simplifies the development of fully fledged Java desktop applications – once you got grip. However, small things – such as the hiding and reopening of a TopComponent - are a pain to implement. For this particular pain, I’ve found a cure .